October 12, 2010

Welcome to Planet Acceleration


When you think of acceleration, you probably think of, well, acceleration. It seems like an open-and-closed case, a subject you can learn and move on from, one of those things you don't bother paying attention to. This assumption is completely wrong. Whether you know it or not, acceleration is the only reason you're alive today. Okay, so maybe that's a bit drastic, but acceleration is something you need to know in order to pass Physics class. There are two kinds of acceleration: Acceleration due to gravity, and free-fall. In order to cover both of these topics, I wrote about an alien falling from outer space - free-fall - onto Earth - acceleration due to gravity. Jeremy, the alien, will explain this topic further during his adventure.


2 comments:

  1. You did a great job with your introduction, it is definitely catchy! I like how you wrapped it around the Tagxedo. My suggestion is to rectify the statement about "two types of acceleration: free-fall and acceleration due to gravity"... hmmm? what exactly do you mean?
    The Tagxedo is pretty neat, I like the colors and the sense of motion it gives to the readers (no pun intended).
    Your comic strip is very original, your story is well developed and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this comment is so late Paige, I'm having to do this from my phone because my Internet has been so utterly slow I can't even get it to work. My original comment was this (that I posted this morning but never got submitted apparently). : This is great, the paragraph gives a clear opening to what you're presenting in your comic. Your comic flows well, and your has a lot of good words that are organized in a unique way. The only thing I'd say to make it all more clear is the "acceleration due to gravity and free-fall" aren't those the same? That is all though, overall a rocksolid job!

    ReplyDelete